The Churches of our Parish
09:30 am every Sunday
Kirk of St Bride is located in the Perthshire village of Abernethy in School Wynd (PH2 9JJ). Follow this link to a map.
Founded by Nechtan, King of the Picts around 460 AD; dedicated to St Bride of Kildare. The first stone church built by Gartnaidh, King of the Picts around 590 AD. After the Reformation in 1560 the church was in the care of the Superintendent of St Andrews until a minister was appointed. At the Secession in 1733 the minister at Abernethy, Alexander Moncrieff seceeded with three others. The two churches united in 1951 to form the present parish church. The medieval church was demolished in 1802 prior to the present church's construction. There are interesting stained-glass windows and in the kirkyard a 10th century stone tower.